You need that material or component, lapped, polished, annealed, fired, ground down, washed, assembled, and packaged, too? No Problem. As a cost-saving and time-saving measure for our customers, we offer many additional post-processing services, too.
Our additional process capabilities include:
- Annealing: Heat treatment of thick and thin film ceramic substrates to thermally modify the heat-affected zone (HAZ) allowing for improved via metal adhesion or, in some cases, to relieve residual stresses.
- Clean Firing: Exposure to a nominal temperature in excess of 1100°C, but significantly less than the material’s defined sintering temperature, to remove possible organic based contamination.
- Camber & Surface Finish Verification: Should our customer require non-standard camber or surface finish, we are able to measure and sort through our available inventory upon request.
- Diamond Dicing: When tighter tolerances on length and width dimensions are required, dicing offers a tolerance as low as ± 0.0005" depending upon material size and thickness. Dicing also offers a smooth, clean edge.
- Surface Lapping & Polishing: Should our customer require non-standard as-fired finish, surface lapping and polishing is the solution for achieving the tightest tolerances and parallelism.
- Edge Grinding: This process prepares surfaces for additional processing and smooth’s and/or roughens surfaces to meet finishing requirements.
- Bead Blasting: Abrasive particles and air are compressed and then forced through a nozzle which will provide a variety of finishes and deburring options
- Surface Finishing: We can provide surface finishing services such as annodizing, plating, painting, passivation, black oxide, or any other finish that you may require.
- Mechanical Assembly
We're located just north of Boston, Massachusets in Westford, MA and we would love to show you around. We service the entire US with many laser machining services and stock all materials in-house, so contact us with your application support questions any time.