You need that material or component, lapped, polished, annealed, fired, ground down, washed, assembled, and packaged, too? No Problem. As a cost-saving and time-saving measure for our customers, we offer many additional post-processing services, too.
Our additional process capabilities include:
- Annealing: Heat treatment of thick and thin film ceramic substrates to thermally modify the heat-affected zone (HAZ) allowing for improved via metal adhesion or, in some cases, to relieve residual stresses.
- Clean Firing: Exposure to a nominal temperature in excess of 1100°C, but significantly less than the material’s defined sintering temperature, to remove possible organic based contamination.
- Camber & Surface Finish Verification: Should our customer require non-standard camber or surface finish, we are able to measure and sort through our available inventory upon request.
- Diamond Dicing: When tighter tolerances on length and width dimensions are required, dicing offers a tolerance as low as ± 0.0005" depending upon material size and thickness. Dicing also offers a smooth, clean edge.
- Surface Lapping & Polishing: Should our customer require non-standard as-fired finish, surface lapping and polishing is the solution for achieving the tightest tolerances and parallelism.
- Edge Grinding: This process prepares surfaces for additional processing and smooth’s and/or roughens surfaces to meet finishing requirements.
- Bead Blasting: Abrasive particles and air are compressed and then forced through a nozzle which will provide a variety of finishes and deburring options
- Surface Finishing: We can provide surface finishing services such as annodizing, plating, painting, passivation, black oxide, or any other finish that you may require.
- Mechanical Assembly